Lublyou (Люблю) is Russian for “I love.” It’s usually transliterated as “lublyu,” but I changed it to “lublyou” to make it both “I love” and “I love you” at the same time. Since I’m Russian, Ben’s American and this blog is about the things we love, it seemed to fit perfectly.
My name is Katie, and here are a few things about me:
- I’m very passionate about food and lifestyle photography. I also love experimenting with film and polaroids. It’s not uncommon to see me carrying 2-3 different cameras when I’m out and about.
- I live in New York City with my husband Ben and our little black bunny Sonya.
- I was born in Ukraine and grew up in Russia.
- I enjoy traveling, and I love food. A lot.
- See more of my food photography at my portfolio.
- I currently use Canon 5D Mark III with 24-105mm f/4 and 50mm 1/8 lens.
Things to know about Ben:
- He loves design and problem solving.
- He paints with wine and does other creative stuff.
- He lived with me in Moscow, Russia for a year and a half.
Lublyou is my Impressionist Lifestyle journal: impressions, thoughts, images and memories — my attempt to appreciate and communicate things I experience.
You can read our love story as written by Ben HERE