Also known as “a Russian salad”, it’s another take on my everyday lunch recipe – whenever I have sour cream in the fridge and want a quick healthy meal that’s a little more filling.
The aroma of chopped fresh dill, the crunch of radishes, and the pink juices of tomatoes mixing with sour cream and salt at the bottom of the bowl – all of it takes me back to summer days at my grandma’s dacha house. Nostalgia in a bowl!
Traditionally, back home, it’s not eaten as a complete lunch on its own. We usually make a large bowl of this salad and all share it as a side to whatever else we’re having for family lunch or dinner, which in spring or summer might typically be boiled young potatoes and some kind of protein.
Veggie Sour Cream Salad
- Serves 1
- 2 small cucumbers
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes or 1 regular tomato
- 2 radishes
- A small bunch of fresh dill
- 1-2 Tablespoons sour cream
- Salt to taste
1. Wash, dry and cut veggies and dill.
2. Add to a bowl with sour cream, and mix to combine.
3. Season with salt to taste. Enjoy!