These cookies were born out of my craving for something sweet and dippable in milk, a need to use up all the cranberries I have in the fridge before we leave for our holiday trip, and a sense of guilt that my dessert should be slightly healthy, hence the oatmeal. I actually love the texture of the resulting cookies: they’re a combination of crumbly oats, pockets of sour berries, drops of chocolate and almost grainy brown sugar.
Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
- Makes 8 large cookies.
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 11/3 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries, washed and dried
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a medium bowl, stir sugar with butter, add vanilla and egg, stir in oats, flour and salt. Fold in chocolate chips and cranberries.
3. Use an ice cream scoop to measure 8 pieces of dough and drop them onto a baking sheet lined with a sheet of parchment paper.
4. Bake for 12-15 minutes, cool slightly and enjoy!